Saturday, December 4, 2010

Double Arrogant Bastard

A few weeks ago I went down to the Stone Brewery.  I have been a big fan of their Ales for years now.  The Arrogant Bastard is there flag ship, it is near perfect Ale, lots of hops and weighs in a 7.2 % alcohol. The stronger the ale the better.  At the brewery I drank about 8 types of Stone Ales but some how I missed out on this years Double Bastard  which my friend bought a few bottles of.  Dissaopointed in my negligence I headed to the store to get me a bottle. 
It's pretty funny that I'll rarely spend over 5 bucks on a bottle of wine but gladly shell out up to $10 for good bottle of ale.  Normal Arrogant Bastard sells for $3.99.  The Double Bastard cost me $6.99

The glass I bought for my late father. In his later years he was a very gentle man but if you called him an arrogant bastard  a certain Sweeney grin would come across his face.  (miss you pops)
They took something near perfect and made it better. After the first sip I was in love.  and after the bottle I felt like I had just made love.  LOL
My best Analogy
Picture yourself with the most beautiful person you can imagine.  Now picture an evil (maybe not evil let's say wild) version of this person along with good hearted couterpart and you get to make love to both of them at the same time.  That's what drinking this Ale is like.

Well done Stone

1 comment:

  1. fuck yeah! im drinking double bastard right now and enjoying your drinking music!

    ReplyDelete